Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Visitor

I have just watched the movie The Visitor which was very interesting. This movie has shown me a different view about the lives of immigrants within the United States. Even though one of the main characters didn't have his green card and according to the law should have been deported, he still was mistreated and did nothing wrong. Two New York police officers stopped him on suspicion that he was an immigrant because of the way he looked and his accent. They then proceeded to arrest him because he didn't possess a green card and he was put into a detention facility. At the end of the movie he was deported. I just feel that it's wrong to discriminate against people by the way they look or sound. Everyone should be treated and viewed equally. I hold this philosophy as I am in the Adapted PE program at SUNY Cortland and I will be perusing a career in Adapted PE and Special Education. No one should be discriminated against do to the way they look or act. Even though the man didn't have a green card he was still apprehended by the police for doing no harm. This movie let me see a different side of immigration and immigrants' lives. I am glad to have taken the to watch this movie.


Total Hours: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment