Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Special Olympics Polar Plunge

On Saturday November 20th I attended the Special Olympics Polar Plunge at Ceder Beach in Mount Sinai, New York. The amount of people that showed up to this event was staggering, I couldn't believe it. I was so amazed that so many people were there to help raise and spread awareness about Special Olympics. I felt so proud to be apart of the New York Torch run that had started all the way up in Buffalo and worked it's way down to Ceder Beach, Long Island. There were thousands of people there that raised a lot of money in support for the athletes of the Special Olympics. Seeing that many people run and take the plunge into the freezing water in order to promote and support awareness for the athletes was very special to witness. I was very proud to witness this event and help raise money for the awareness of Special Olympics in New York.


Total Hours: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment